- The Institutional Registration and Card Issuance Exercise is limited to institutions and organisations with a minimum of fifty (50) Ghanaian applicants.2
- The exercise is limited to new registrations and does not extend to Card Replacement and Update of Personal Information services.
NIA shall conduct a Site Survey on the date of registration, at the designated premises of the institution requesting for institutional registration before it sets up a registration centre. The Survey will ensure a successful and efficient registration exercise as follows:
a. Signal – to ensure that the strength of the network signals at the designated premises or alternative location is strong and stable to avoid interrupted registration process.
b.Environment/Workspace – to ensure that the space allocated and logistics provided by the institution for the registration exercise is conducive to work in.
c. Location – to confirm directions provided by the institution to enable the registration team locate the designated premises easily on the day of service provision.
d.Confirmation of List of Applicants – to confirm the list of applicants forwarded by the institution to NIA with the institution.
- You will be required to pay in advance:
a. Ghc100.00 for each member of staff you intend for NIA to register.
b. A logistics fee for site survey and movement of NIA equipment and personnel to the institution’s designated premises. This fee will be reduced if the institution provides transportation and accommodation for the NIA registration team during the exercise.
2. All payments are to be made into the account detailed below:
|Registration Fee per applicant||Survey and Logistics Fee per Institution|
|Bank Name||Cal Bank Head Office||Bank of Ghana|
|Account Name||Project Escrow Account||NIA Field Operations|
|Locational Address||23 Independence Avenue, Ridge-Accra||One Thorpe Road, off High Street, Accra|
|Bank’s Postal Address||P. O. Box 14596, Accra||P. O. Box GP 2674, Accra, Ghana|
|Telephone Line||+233 (302) 680 061 – 69||+233 (302) 666 174|
b. Kindly ensure that the name of the Institution is stated as the depositor.
c. Scanned copies of all pay-in slips/evidence of payment should be shared with NIA via email at email@example.com after payments have been made for verification and validation purposes.
- Please note:
a. A separate application and arrangement must be made for requests that fall outside the initially agreed numbers to be registered.
b. Any request by an institution on the day of registration, to increase the number of persons to be registered during the registration exercise, should be made no later than 12 noon on the registration day. Any request made after 12 noon will not be honoured.
c. All payments for additional numbers must be made (with receipts evidencing payments) before the additional request is honoured.
d. All payments are non-refundable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
1. Compulsory requirements include:
a. The applicant’s Birth Certificate or
b. The applicant’s valid Passport or
c. One of the applicant’s relatives who possess a Ghana Card to vouch for the applicant or
d. Two non-relatives who know the applicant to be a Ghanaian and who possess d. Ghana Cards to vouch for the applicant; and
e. The Ghana Post Digital Address of the applicant’s residence.
2. For the vouching for process, the following categories of persons are the only ones mandated to vouch for an applicant where the applicant has no known relatives who possess a Ghana Card:
a. A practising or retired professional teacher (including principals, headmasters & headteachers)
b. A Gazetted Chief
c. A practicing or retired Magistrate or Judge
d. A practicing or retired licenced Professional e.g. doctor, nurse, lawyer, accountant, engineer, architect etc.
e. A serving or retired civil/public servant
f. A serving or retired Clergyman
g. An Imam
h. A serving or retired Catechist
I.A serving or retired member of the security services including the Ghana Police Service, Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Prison Service, Ghana Immigration Service, Ghana National Fire Service, BNI, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Service and National Security
j. A current or past Member of Parliament, An Assembly or Unit Committee
1. Applicants are also required to bring along the following Government-issued identity cards or document if they possess any of them:
a. Driver’s Licence;
b. Voter ID Card;
c. SSNIT Biometric Card;
d. National Health Insurance Card;
e. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- The registration process aims at printing every applicant’s Ghana Card instantly. However, in the event that applicants’ Ghana Cards cannot be printed instantly, arrangements will be made with the institution to have the said cards printed and issued to applicants at a later date. The details of applicants whose cards are not printed instantly will be shared with the institution and followed up through a Client Service portal.
- At the end of the registration exercise, the institution will be requested to complete NIA Customer Satisfaction Survey Form online to evaluate the registration exercise in general.
- NIA will share a report on the exercise with the institution for auditing and customer service purposes.
LOGISTICS FEES FOR MOBILE REGISTRATION (INSTITUTION)
S / N
|Distance between the National Identification Authority Head Office and proposed Registration Centre (Kilometres)||
|1.||1 – 20||250.00|
|2.||21 – 40||395.00|
|3.||41 – 60||515.00|
|4.||61 – 80||615.00|
|5.||81 – 100||695.00|
|6.||101 – 120||755.00|
|7.||121 – 140||815.00|
- All logistics fees are calculated based on the distance between the Head Office of the National Identification Authority located at No. 8 Nelson Mandela Avenue, off Gulf House Street, South Legon, Accra and the proposed registration site of the institution to be registered, with Head Office as the starting point.
- There will be a fixed charge of GHC250.00 for every additional 50 kilometres travelled beyond the first 140 kilometres.
- Logistics Fees are calculated using Google Maps with Nelson Mandela Avenue, Accra as the starting point.
Ghana Card Registration Application Form For Institutional Registration
After downloading and filling this form, submit it, together with the list of applicants to be registered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org