Online and Offline Verification
There are (2) different levels of offline verification:
Level 1: This involves basic card inspection using senses (eye sight & touch) based on the tilt of the card. The following are key areas to look out for:
Visible Inscriptions On The Front Of The Ghanacard:
- REPUBLIC OF GHANA
- National Identity Card
- First Name
- Middle Names (s)
- Date of Birth
- Randomly- generated Personal ID Number (PIN)
- Date of expiry
Level 2: Using a Verification Device to Compare the Fingerprints of the Holder To The Fingerprints Stored On The Card For 1:1 Authentication
- Read the fingerprint stored in the 2D barcode of the card using a barcode reader of the verification device
- Capture live fingerprint of the cardholder with fingerprint scanner attached to the card reader device.
- Compare live print with stored print to verify and establish a match.
Requires a Verification Software
- Launch the verification application to establish a connection with the National database.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) printed on the GhanaCard.
- The system runs a search and brings up the alphanumeric information associated with the PIN.
- Cross check the information with what is on the card or provided by the person being authenticated.
Fingerprint Matching Across a Secured Network
- Launch the verification application to establish a connectional with the National database.
- Capture live print of the person being verified.
- The system runs a search to determine whether the person exists in the database and the identity matches the one stored in the system or not.
- If there is a match, a response is sent back with any additional information required.