Features of the 2D Barcode GhanaCard
Visible Marks/Symbols on the front of the GhanaCard
- Guilloches that form a continuous fine pattern.
- Embedded ghost portrait of the cardholder.
- “REPUBLIC OF GHANA” – Visible upon tilt under light.
- Map of Ghana, which changes colour depending on the tilt of the card.
- Double Rainbow that changes colour to yellow/green depending on the tilt of the card.
- 3D Guilloche that reads “Republic of Ghana”.
- Ghana map with a star in the middle and a layer of stars attached to the left, directly on ghost portrait depending on tilt of the card.
- “FRREDOM AND JUSTICE” – upon tilt under the light
- Ghana’s Coat of Arms superimposed on the main portrait.
Visible Images On The Front Of Ghanacard:
- Ghana Flag to the left top corner.
- Ghana’s Coat of Arms to the right top corner.
- Ghost portrait of cardholder.
- Main portrait of cardholder
- Map of Ghana.
Features of the Dual Interface Smart Card
Visible Inscriptions/Features on thhe back of GhanaCard
- THIS CARD IS THE PROPERTY OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA. IF FOUND PLEASE CONTACT THE NEAREST NIA OFFICE OR POLICE STATION.
- Holder’s signature.
- Serial number.
- Flying eagle to the right side of the card.
- Holder’s biometric and personal information stored 2-D barcode which can only be read with a card reader.
The Card Has Been Redesigned To Feature Upgraded Technology And Now Boasts Additional Features Including:
- Aluminum Watermark – Aluminum etched E-booster antenna visible under high-density light.
- Dual Interface Chip Module – with customized Coat of Arms emblem.
- Tactile – New tactile impression feature that helps make cards more secure by physically impressing a tamper-evident image to the card substrate at the time of personalization.
- Ultra Violet (UV) Watermark – Watermark effect of ECOWAS logo visible under the light.
- UV Printing – Star image visible under UV light.
- ECOWAS Logo
- Card Access Number
The Back Also Features:
- Tracking Number
- E – Passport Symbol – an electronic passport that contains biometric information that can be used to authenticate the identity of travelers.
- Contactless Symbol – Indicates compatibility with a POINT OF SALE terminal or reader which is compliant with the EMV contactless communication protocol.
- Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)