The National Identification Authority (NIA) announces for the information of the general public that effective Monday, 19th December 2022, it will offer premium registration services at its Ashanti, Eastern, and Western Regional offices. These centres will operate in addition to the premium centres at the NIA Head Office and Calbanlk Head Office in Accra.
The premium registration centres will offer the following fee-based registration services:
1. First-time registration and issuance of a Ghana Card-Ghc 280;
2. Replacement of lost, missing, or damaged cards-Ghc 110;
3. Update of a personal record that requires the printing of a new card- Ghc 110.
Below is a list of update services that attract a fee:
a. Change or correction of applicant’s name;
b. Change or correction of the order of applicant’s name;
c. Correction or addition of applicant’s previous name or maiden name;
d. Correction of applicant’s date of birth;
e. Change or correction of applicants nationality;
f. Correction of applicant’s gender;
g.Change or correction of applicant’s height.
Applicants requesting premium services should also note the following:
1. Requests that have already been approved, and for which payments have been made will not attract any additional fee;
- Requests not yet approved, or approved but not yet paid for, will be treated as fresh applications. Such requests will attract a fee of GH₵110;
- The premium services will be based on an online booking system and walk-in system up to 3rd January 2023. Beginning 4th January 2023, NIA premium centres will operate only an online booking system;
- Payment of fees for all premium services must be made with either of the following:a. CalBankMobileBankingPlatformwithshortcode*771#;or
b. CalBank Online Mobile App
Alternatively, payment for the above services may be made at a CalBank Branch Office.
- NIA cannot accept cash payments for any of its update or card replacement services at any of its Regional Offices.
Applicants must note that not every request for an update of personal record or card replacement can be handled on the same day. Review and approval of requests for the update of a personal record or card replacement may take longer than a day.
Dr. Abudu Abdul-Ganiyu
Ag. Head, Corporate Affairs