The National Identification Authority (NIA) wishes to inform the general public that it will open additional registration points for the Ghana card from Monday, 21st February 2022 to Tuesday, 31st March 2022.
The points will be at the following locations:
- Accra Sports Stadium
- El-wak Sports Stadium (Premium Centre), Accra
- Kumasi Sports Stadium
- Ghana National Fire Service (Regional Office), Cape Coast
- Tamale Sports Stadium
These registration points will be open from 8:00 am to 5: 00 pm, Monday to Friday, and will operate alongside NIA’s 276 District and 16 Regional offices, and the Premium Registration Centre at the Headquarters. This intervention has been instituted in response to growing numbers of Ghanaians thronging NIA’s offices nationwide to register for the Ghana Card, particularly, as the deadline for Sim-Card re-registration approaches. The general public is reminded that house- hold and institutional registration remain open.
NIA further informs the general public that:
- Apart from the El-wak Sports Stadium, which will operate as a Premium Center, registration at all the other locations is free.
- Persons who have already registered but have not received their cards are to contact their respective district offices to be issued with their cards and should not attempt to register again as this constitutes an offence punishable by
NIA reminds all prospective applicants that the registration requirements as provided by law remain as follows:
- An original copy of a Birth Certificate; or
- An original copy of a valid Passport; or
- An original copy of a valid Certificate of Acquired Citizenship
Where an applicant does not possess any of the documents specified above, a relative of the applicant who has already registered and issued a Ghana card can vouch for the applicant under oath. Where the applicant has no known relatives, two persons aged 18 years and above and known to the applicant and who have both registered and have been issued with Ghana cards can vouch for the applicant under oath. In this instance, the two persons qualified to vouch for an applicant must fall within the following categories:
- A practicing or retired professional teacher (including principals, headmasters & headteachers)
- A Gazetted Chief
- A practicing or retired Magistrate or Judge
- A licensed professional, g., a Medical Doctor, a Nurse, a Lawyer, an Accountant, an Engineer, an Architect
- A serving or retired Civil Servant
- A serving or retired Public Servant
- A serving or retired Clergyman
- An Imam
- A serving or retired Catechist
- A serving or retired member of the Security Services including the Ghana Police Service, Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Prison Service, Ghana Immigration Service, Ghana National Fire Service, Bureau of National Investigations, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Authority and National Security
- A current or past Member of Parliament
- A current or past Assemblyman
- A current or past member of a Unit Committee
All applicants are expected to come along with their residence’s Ghana Post Digital Address as this is also a mandatory requirement.
AG HEAD, CORPORATE AFFAIRS